Title: Sr. Data Scientist / Data Engineer – 23261-en_US
Sr. Data Scientist / Data Engineer – 23261
Data Science – USA Oldsmar, Florida
Nielsen is the largest measurement company in the world with unique measurement technologies, assets, and data that make it one of the most interesting and challenging places for a data scientist to work. We focus on what consumers watch, listen to, and buy in over 95 countries.
Data Science is core to what Nielsen does, and our research projects have high visibility in directly affecting the results of our business and our clients. This Senior Data Scientist role in the Digital Product team provides an opportunity to contribute to methodological innovation in the exciting and fast-changing world of digital media measurement.This is an ideal position to grow as a researcher, contribute to innovative products, and develop subject-matter expertise in digital methodology and cross-platform audience measurement.
The Big Data team within the Data Science Watch Methods organization focuses on improving and enhancing Nielsen’s highly successful traditional television and over-the-top products out in the marketplace for advertising and content measurement. As part of this exciting team, this position will focus on developing new methodologies to measure audiences across platforms (including on “connected” or “over the top” devices, smart tv’s, or set top boxes) and on evaluating and integrating new data assets and partners into Nielsen’s existing methodologies in order to enhance or expand the data delivered to clients.
* Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Social Science, Operation Research, Mathematics, or Computer Science with outstanding analytical expertise. (Master’s degree preferred)
* 2 to 3 years of experience with one or more of the following: python programming, data manipulation, data integration, weighting, sampling, survey or market research, trend or pattern recognition, statistics, data aggregation techniques, automation, or quality assurance.
* Must be proficient with Python, Spark, or Scala to develop sharable software with the appropriate technical documentation.
* Must be proficient in SQL and large-scale databases.
* Must have ability to manipulate, analyze, interpret large data sources, and tell a story from data through analyses
* Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Must have ability to work alone and with a team
* Must have critical thinking skills necessary to evaluate results in order to make decisions
* Must demonstrate intellectual curiosity and persistence to find answers
* Demonstrate interest in Nielsen methodologies, data collection, platforms, research processes and operations.
* Experience with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Spotfire)
* Experience with machine learning techniques
* Experience working with cloud based or big data technologies (e.g. Databricks)
* Proficiency in Unix
* Learn and become an expert in how big data flows through Nielsen systems in order to create reliable data pipelines that will feed into methodology development processes.
* Work with cross-functional teams to implement and validate enhanced audience measurement methodologies.
* Independently write custom Python and SQL code.
* Drive technical solutions to complex business problems. From lightweight automation to designing and building robust/scalable solutions. Strong focus on optimization.
* Key tasks include – but are not limited to – trend analyses, identifying methodological and process improvements, representation/ sampling, bias reduction, indirect estimation, data integration, automation, generalization, data integration, examining large volumes of data, harmonization as well as working with different data sources.
* Pro-actively gather information, as needed, to work independently and with a team.
* Support in detecting and addressing quality escapes.
Nielsen N.V. (NYSE: NLSN) is a global performance management company that provides a comprehensive understanding of what consumers Watch and Buy. Nielsen’s Watch segment provides media and advertising clients with Total Audience measurement services across all devices where content — video, audio, and text — is consumed. The Buy segment offers consumer packaged goods manufacturers and retailers the industry’s only global view of retail performance measurement.
By integrating information from its Watch and Buy segments and other data sources, Nielsen provides its clients with both world-class measurement as well as analytics that help improve performance. Nielsen, an S&P 500 company, has operations in over 100 countries that cover more than 90 percent of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.nielsen.com
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Oldsmar,Florida
Secondary Locations: NY – New York City, , ,
Travel: Yes, 10% of the Time
See full details and apply at https://ars2.equest.com/?response_id=f08305320217fb3f3225907bafb8b1bd