Title: Data Engineer
Join our Fintech Data Team as a Data Engineer!
Who we are:
Fintech is the premier software and business solutions provider for the beverage alcohol industry, offering strategic and integrated solutions for suppliers, distributors, and retailers.
Data Engineer Requirements:
As Data Engineer for Fintech, you will be responsible for the design, development, administration, and maintenance of the cloud-based data warehouse utilizing Snowflake. Our DE participates in physical model reviews, identifies system-level bottlenecks, recommends solutions, analyzes production workloads, and provides inputs on improving performance to operate with scale and efficiency. The DE provides an in-depth understanding of cloud data integration tools and data warehousing, as well as works collaboratively with users for operational support.
• Build, design, administer, monitor, and maintain the implementation of cloud data warehouse
• Create and assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional/non-functional business requirements
• Develop and manage capacity and growth projection forecasts of the environment within budgets
• Analyze production workloads and develop strategies to run a cloud data warehouse with scale and efficiency
• Identify system-level bottlenecks in the database, troubleshoot data issues, determine the root cause for defects and recommend solutions
• Conduct ongoing performance tuning, resource optimization as required and automate DBA functions
• Implement and refine cloud data warehouse including standards, guidelines, and industry best practices
• Interface with various business stakeholders to understand data needs and help build data products that scale across the organization
• Bachelor’s and/or master’s degree or equivalent experience
• Seven or more years of database administration experience with 3-4 years of relevant experience administering a cloud data warehouse: Snowflake preferred
• Expert level experience writing, troubleshooting, and optimizing SQL in the data warehouse
• Experience and demonstrated proficiency with query logging, system logging, and other system management tools
• Experience and proficiency in writing stored procedures and automation
• Understanding of security and access control that relate to database administration
• Experience utilizing and optimizing load/unload utilities
• Knowledge and experience with multiple data modeling techniques, data integration tools, and software delivery lifecycle and methodology
• Proficiency with APIs, scripting language, data wrangling, and BI reporting tools are a plus
• Strong communication, analytical and problem-solving skills with high attention to detail
• Proactive work style and creative problem solver demonstrating adaptability to rapidly changing requirements
• Collaborative Team Culture with challenging work assignments to meet our customer needs
• Awesome 401(k) – 100% Employer match up to 10% of your salary! This earned us the Plan Sponsor finalist title for 2020!!
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Employer Paid Life & AD&D Insurance
• Employer paid Long and Short term disability
• 18 PTO days a year
• Working for an industry that is thriving and fun!
How to Apply:
• Please apply on-line with your resume and cover letter outlining your relevant experience and salary requirement to Indeed.com.
• Check us out on www.fintech.com!
Relocation is not offered for this position. Valid work authorization required. This is not a sponsored position.
See full details and apply at https://www.indeed.com/job/data-engineer-f4e7c488946ab707