Title: Senior Software Developer – 589143600
Senior Software Developer-44102
Technology and Engineering-USAOldsmar, Florida
Senior Software Developer
Ready to take your career to the next level join us at Nielsen and be a part of something BIG! In this role as a Senior Software Developer you will be responsible for analyzing, developing, testing and supporting highly complex application software. Ddetermine solutions for applications by providing necessary designs and technical expertise to the development team. Investigate and analyze verbal and written requests for application software, Interpreting application requirements to construct highly complex applications. Perform data analysis on reference data and apply software design principles to satisfy application requirements. Develop highly complex software code, which is maintainable, and easy to use. Develop and execute application test plans, analyze test results, and make appropriate revisions to ensure the applications function as specified. Create working prototypes. Create build and deployment process scripts. Work closely with architects/designers to design and
implement reusable system solutions. Work with the technical project manager to ensure that the project plan is on track by advising on risks and quality.
* Master Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field with an information technology focus (foreign equivalent degree acceptable)
* 3 years of experience in software development (would also accept a bachelor’s degree plus 5 years of post-baccalaureate, progressively responsible experience).
This must include 5 years of experience in:
* Working as a full-stack developer;
* Use of master data management principles;
* Use of software design and testing principles;
* Analysis of product reference data such as common error patterns;
* Development of Java applications including robust internal and external Application Programming Interfaces (APIs);
* Development of data warehousing applications on databases such as Oracle and/or Netezza;
* Building data models using tools such as PowerDesigner; development of data extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL) procedures using tools such as PL/SQL;
* Gang of Four (GOF) (Core Java Design Patterns);
* Software development for version control and continuous integration using tools such as Bitbucket;
* Development of complex queries to build reports using reporting and analytical tools including Apache Spark, Hadoop Big Data, Elasticsearch, Java, and/or SQL;
* Use of analytical and problem-solving skills to solve complex design and coding problems; and working as a member of a team.
We’re in tune with what the world is watching, buying, and everything in between. If you can think of it, we’re measuring it. We sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of what’s happening now and what’s coming next for our clients. Today’s data is tomorrow’s marketplace revelation.
We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 100 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods to media companies, we work with them all. We’re bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless. See what’s next with us at Nielsen: careers.nielsen.com
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Primary Location: Oldsmar , Florida
Secondary Locations:, , ,
Nearest Major Market: Tampa
See full details and apply at https://ars2.equest.com/?response_id=e3d0f9dd3c6e16a0c98c1eecb80745dc