Title: AWS Business Development Manager, Value Engineering, FL
Company: Amazon Web Services
Amazon.com has been rated one of the most admired companies in the US, the #1 most innovative, and the #1 in Customer Service. Amazon’s technology business (Amazon Web Services) has a history and tradition of leading the world in Web-related technologies and services. With AWS, you have the chance to help individuals and businesses take their computing infrastructures and applications into “the cloud”, transform how they do business, drive new levels of growth, and create bigger and better outcomes for their customers.
Would you like to help our customers innovate like Amazon – and deliver breakthrough experiences for their end customers? Would you like to pioneer the use of cloud services to help drive innovation? Would you like to be part of building a fast-growing program to worldwide scale? Do you have the business savvy, technical knowledge, and leadership skills necessary to help AWS take its transformational messages to business customers, help them envision the possibilities that our services and solutions can create for them, and then help them unlock that potential value for their businesses?
We’re looking for an accomplished business development value engineer for the US Southeast and MidAtlantic Business Development team to help AWS customers and prospective customers shape their information technology strategies and business models to quantify the benefits of running workloads on AWS. To do this, you will work with senior executives at AWS and our customers to set the overall team’s strategy. This includes working with CFOs and senior financial executives at some of our largest customers to communicate the economic value proposition for AWS. You will work with AWS Sales management to help the broad AWS field organization understand how to build the increased business value of AWS into their account plans and sales strategy. You will serve as focal point for all business value, business case, TCO and financial discussions with our customers. You will help customers understand how cost effectiveness coupled with commercial flexibility is key to the AWS value proposition.
Your responsibilities will include driving business case, value analysis, financial discussions and Cost Optimization related BD activities across the US Southeast and MidAtlantic, supporting the sales, marketing, SA and BD teams. You will serve as an expert resource on the financial modeling of IT applications and infrastructures, and the financial implications and benefits of migrating to AWS. You will be a part of a high performing Go To Market Strategy Business Development team to deliver custom analysis to our customers. In appropriate cases you will bring in other AWS resources to help our customers properly evaluate their options from an economic perspective.
The Value Engineering BDM will be responsible for:
· Serve as a key member of the AWS US Southeast and MidAtlantic Go To Market Strategy (BD) team
· Work with AWS Sales, Solutions Architects, BD teams and other customer focused teams to drive proactive of business value and financial conversations with our customers
· Drive customer engagements and thought leadership and sales strategies
· Serve as a central resource for Sales leadership to help our customers create appropriately detailed financial models and optimization analysis for their current and future IT landscape.
· Serve as a key source of market insights into how our customers view the economic benefit of using AWS relative to deploying applications on-premise or in traditional data centers
· Work with internal stakeholders (Sales, Marketing, BD teams) to communicate market realities regarding the economics of running IT applications and infrastructures in the cloud.
· Prepare and present business reviews to the senior Sales and BD management teams regarding progress and roadblocks on Business Value Engineering related issues.
· 15+ years of business development, management consulting, financial advisory or IT Management experience.
· Prior experience working with senior executives (both IT and Finance), IT outsourcing vendors and cloud service providers to analyze implementation options for on-premise, remote virtualized and cloud IT Infrastructures
· Detailed business case development, financial modeling and analysis of large scale technology investments
· Experience working in the sales cycle, either directly, or as a pre-sales resource
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations, including sales, marketing, business development and training.
· Management or Financial Advisory Consulting background highly desired.
· MBA or equivalent relevant business experience
· Experience with data center migration and IT refresh analysis is highly desired.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
See full details and apply at http://www.amazon.jobs/jobs/1182279