Title: Senior Software Engineer – 590194800
Senior Software Engineer-44648
Technology and Engineering-USAOldsmar, Florida
Senior Software Engineer – Engineering, Data Ingestion – Oldsmar, Florida
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with 3-5 years of hands-on software development experience across different Java/J2EE technologies. Ability to drive design, development, test and debug lifecycles of the project development. Take ownership of day to day issues and escalations and bring issues to resolution. Be able to interact and work closely with other business and technical teams. Provide technical expertise and guidance to project teams and help develop strategies for developing complex applications.
* Developing the next generation of back-end service and processing engines
* Assist in the planning and specification authoring for feature development
* Develop software precisely meeting specifications
* Monitoring performance and advising any necessary infrastructure changes
* Engineering software solutions that employ a diverse range of technologies such as Java, Docker, Kubernetes, Hbase, NoSQL, Storm, Hadoop, Cassandra, Kafka, Spark, etc.
* Build scalable, reliable, cost effective, and high quality solutions for both on-prem and the Cloud
* Expert level experience in Java/J2EE technologies
* Intermediate experience with relational databases, SQL and NoSQL.
* Expert level experience in Java messaging technologies and products like AMQ, JMS, etc.
* Intermediate level experience in CI/CD tools and processes.
* Knowledge of and experience with working on common design patterns and industry standards.
* Experience with version control systems, preferably git, Bitbucket, SVN.
* Versed in different development methodologies (Scrum, etc.)
* Working knowledge of AWS technologies (e.g. EC2, RDS, S3, EMR, SQS, etc)
* Experience in building dockerized applications and using orchestration engines such as Kubernetes for Cloud native deployments
* Good communication and analytical skills are a must.
* Bachelors/Masters in a computer science related field or equivalent experience
We’re in tune with what the world is watching, buying, and everything in between. If you can think of it, we’re measuring it. We sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of what’s happening now and what’s coming next for our clients. Today’s data is tomorrow’s marketplace revelation.
We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 100 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods to media companies, we work with them all. We’re bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless. See what’s next with us at Nielsen: careers.nielsen.com
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Primary Location: Oldsmar , Florida
Secondary Locations:, , ,
Nearest Major Market: Tampa
See full details and apply at https://ars2.equest.com/?response_id=5199d3407a2ca0afe463421bc95aa204