Title: Principal Software Engineer (Java/AWS) – 484425800
Principal Software Engineer (Java/AWS)-10849
Technology and Engineering-USAColumbia, Maryland
WebCensus Collections is a platform that supports 20+ global Nielsen products and averages more than 12 billion transactions daily. This area of digital is experiencing rapid growth with many new products, partnerships and adoption driving the need to expand our global footprint, our platform’s capabilities and our team!
We are looking for highly motivated, talented and digital-savvy Principal Software Engineers to become part of this team that develops and enhances this mission critical system. Bring your past with middle tier and back-end Java and we’ll teach you AWS!
* Bachelor’s degree in computer science or software engineering
* 10+ years IT experience with 7+ years’ experience in solution development
* Experience in J2EE framework XML, Application Server like: Jetty, JBoss, Weblogic, or similar
* Experience in Apache/NGINX web server
* Expertise in UNIX/LINUX, shell, perl scripting, SQL (and Perl a plus)
* Understanding of SOA, RESTful/SOAP web services and APIs
* Knowledge of VMWare, Cloud Technologies (AWS Preferred), SAN/NAS, Network technologies and their architectures
* Knowledge of performance related testing and tuning (JVM GC optimization, JVisualVM, Apache J-Meter etc).
* Experience in handling Big Data (Billions of transactions per day).
* Experience in Source control SVN, Git, BitBucket.
* Solid knowledge in advanced OO principles, data structures, fundamental algorithms (sort, select, search, queue).
* Possess high degree of initiative, ownership and drive.
* Self learner and have the ability for R&D.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
* Able to lead and mentor junior team members; apply best practices to code reviews and provide input and guidance on opportunities for improving code.
* Experience developing software via Agile/Scrum methodologies & Atlassian tools (Jira, Confluence, etc.).
Additional Preferred Skills:
* Experience in Hadoop M/R framework, developing M/R application in java
* Experience in Hive, Oozie
* Knowledge of Nosql, Hbase, Cassandra, DynamoDB, Spark, SparSQL, Spark Streaming, Kafka, Kinesis desirable
Nielsen N.V. (NYSE: NLSN) is a global performance management company that provides a comprehensive understanding of what consumers Watch and Buy. Nielsen’s Watch segment provides media and advertising clients with Total Audience measurement services across all devices where content – video, audio, and text – is consumed. The Buy segment offers consumer packaged goods manufacturers and retailers the industry’s only global view of retail performance measurement.
By integrating information from its Watch and Buy segments and other data sources, Nielsen provides its clients with both world-class measurement as well as analytics that help improve performance. Nielsen, an S&P 500 company, has operations in over 100 countries that cover more than 90 percent of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.nielsen.com
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Primary Location: Columbia , Maryland
Secondary Locations:MD – Columbia, , ,
Nearest Major Market: Baltimore
See full details and apply at https://ars2.equest.com/?response_id=0ec7224d4fe156f0dbcc4afded21b048