Title: AutoCAD Drafter/Technician
Company: Davis Bews Design Group
Residential CAD Technician – Davis Bews Design Group
Note: All positions at Davis Bews Design Group begin as contractor positions.
Pay Rate: $17.00/hour
1. Qualified candidates will have proficiency using AutoDesk 2D AutoCAD.
2. Contractors will complete Davis Bews Design Group’s training program within prescribed time frame. Although it may vary, subject to company needs, this training generally takes 4-6 weeks. Training is paid.
3. Upon satisfactory completion of training, Contractor will assist in office production needs, working 36 – 40 hours on construction documents, plan revisions, lot specifics, and other projects to satisfy goals and deadlines.
4. Contractor will work as needed to satisfy client and company due dates.
5. Contractor will attend office, team, and project-based meetings as required.
6. Working hours are 8:45 AM to 5:45 PM Monday – Friday (with a 1 hour break). These hours may be slightly flexible but must be coordinated with supervisor(s).
7. Weekend work may be required to satisfy deadlines.
8. All projects must undergo through “self-review” to check for errors, omissions, and other plan flaws.
2. Programming in either Revit or AutoCAD
3. Residential construction
4. 2 or 4-year degree in construction, architecture, drafting, or related field
5. Experience working in residential drafting
Employee Benefits (Contingent on Conversion to Full-Time Employee – Does not Apply to Contractors):
1. Paid time off (6.67 hours/month accrual rate in 1st year)
2. Company-sponsored group outings*
3. Company sponsored group trips*
4. Quarterly and annual bonuses*
5. Profit Sharing*
6. Flexible hours and work-from-home capabilities
7. Casual work environment
8. Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance options
9. Simple IRA (after 1st year)