Title: Sr. SW Engineer – Operational Tools – 439721200
Sr. SW Engineer – Operational Tools-309
Technology and Engineering-USATampa, Florida
The Operational Tools team is chartered with building world-class tools to support the day to day operations of our many cutting-edge digital products. We are looking for passionate technologists that are dedicated to quality, innovative with design and that have customer-focused laser vision in regards to usability and user experience!
This area of digital is experiencing rapid growth with many new products, partnerships and adoption driving the need to expand our global footprint, our tools’ capabilities and our team!
We are looking for highly motivated, talented and digital-savvy super heroes to become part of this team that develop and enhance these mission critical tools.
* Bachelor of science degree in computer science, computer engineering or similar
* 6+ years of software development/engineering experience in large-scale, highly distributed systems.
* 8+ years of IT experience
* Ability to handle multiple priorities and simultaneous work projects
* Cloud Based Development (AWS Preferred); CloudFormation
* Node.JS, Go and Python; Docker
* Continuous Integration / Deployment methodologies (Jenkins Preferred)
* Dedication to excellence in delivery and commitment to quality
* Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
* Agile software development experience and a team player
Expert level experience in one or more of the following:
* Author and maintain extendible JS Libraries
* Understanding of both Module Pattern and Prototypes
* XSS, CORS, JSONP, and AJAX
* Flash (AS3)
* iOS / iOS application life cycle
* Objective-C and Swiff programming
* Experience with using audio video framework libraries in iOS, such as AV Foundation Framework and Media Player Framework
* Programming with UIWebView
* Android; Android application life cycle
* Experience supporting and troubleshooting directly with client or 3rd party developers
* Experience with Video AdTech (VAST, VMAP)
* Experience with Video Encoding & Compression (inc HLS, ID3, MPEG, PCM, HTML5)
* Experience with Video Content Distribution (inc HTTP, CDN’s)
* Experience with Knowledge of SDK integration (in particular Video Player Applications)
* Experience with SQL (relational DB understanding)
Nielsen N.V. (NYSE: NLSN) is a global performance management company that provides a comprehensive understanding of what consumers Watch and Buy. Nielsen’s Watch segment provides media and advertising clients with Total Audience measurement services across all devices where content – video, audio, and text – is consumed. The Buy segment offers consumer packaged goods manufacturers and retailers the industry’s only global view of retail performance measurement.
By integrating information from its Watch and Buy segments and other data sources, Nielsen provides its clients with both world-class measurement as well as analytics that help improve performance. Nielsen, an S&P 500 company, has operations in over 100 countries that cover more than 90 percent of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.nielsen.com
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Primary Location: Tampa , Florida
Seconday Locations:, , ,
Travel: Yes, 10% of the Time
Nearest Major Market: Tampa
See full details and apply at https://ars2.equest.com/?response_id=07887b9784098f5a3ce89b658f8ea978