Title: Sr. Data Scientist – 509655500
Sr. Data Scientist-27283
Data Science-USANew York, New York
As the world’s largest research organization, Nielsen is powered by talented creative scientists. Our Data Scientists come from diverse disciplines such as statistics, research methodology, mathematics, psychology, business, engineering and demography. These professionals drive innovation, new product ideation, experimental design and testing, complex analysis and delivery of data insights.
This position supports all analytical needs for the Methods group. Role includes in-depth data analysis, development and application of Nielsen proprietary methodologies, and the creation and testing of statistical solutions to address specific client issues.
* Owns analyses for the Methods group, including product analyses, client inquires, impact of changing methodologies, standards, and best practices.
* Supports prototyping and pilot programs for R&D purposes. The primary areas include – but not limited to – trend analyses, data integration, automation, generalization, harmonization, as well as working with different data sources.
* Collaborates with cross-functional teams to design, implement, and test new consumer and audience measurement methodologies.
* Develops and automates methodologies in R and/or Python.
* Independently executes analytic activities supporting methodology design (e.g. data fusion, weighting/projection, statistical modeling, and technical research) and identifies/ recommends process improvements.
Role Requirements E=essential, P=preferred.
* Master’s degree or equivalent experience in Statistics, Social Science, Operations Research, or other hard sciences (e.g. Engineering, Computer Science, Biology, Physics, etc.) with outstanding analytical expertise
* E- Experience in predictive modeling, multivariate statistics (parametric/ non-parametric), data aggregation techniques, trend analysis, automation, generalization, algorithms.
* E- Proficient in R and/or Python (as statistical package tool)
* E – Proficient in SQL and working with large-scale databases.
* E- Experience in manipulating, analyzing, and interpreting large data sources
* E- Experience working with big data technologies (e.g. Spark) and/or machine learning
* E- Strong communication skills (written and oral)
* P- Experience employing causal inference methods
* P- Experience utilizing high-level programming languages (e.g. Python)
* P- Experience in Nielsen methodologies, data collection, platforms, research processes, and operations.
Nielsen N.V. (NYSE: NLSN) is a global performance management company that provides a comprehensive understanding of what consumers Watch and Buy. Nielsen’s Watch segment provides media and advertising clients with Total Audience measurement services across all devices where content – video, audio, and text – is consumed. The Buy segment offers consumer packaged goods manufacturers and retailers the industry’s only global view of retail performance measurement.
By integrating information from its Watch and Buy segments and other data sources, Nielsen provides its clients with both world-class measurement as well as analytics that help improve performance. Nielsen, an S&P 500 company, has operations in over 100 countries that cover more than 90 percent of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.nielsen.com
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Primary Location: New York , New York
Secondary Locations:FL – Tampa – Oldsmar, IL – Chicago, ,
Travel: Yes, 10% of the Time
See full details and apply at https://ars2.equest.com/?response_id=8ea32d90d0f5f31395499f3a2bf867a0