Title: Software Engineer (Java) – 446914900
Software Engineer (Java)-969
Technology and Engineering-USATampa, Florida
Nielsen’s Digital Engineering is responsible for reliably, accurately and efficiently capturing digital content and ad consumption. To achieve this, Digital Engineering employs a wide range of applications and technologies to measure consumer behavior, process that data to determine audience and credit viewership, and deliver that data downstream. Our technologies range from apps and SDKs which run on consumer electronic devices to big data systems hosted in the cloud to everything in between.
Digital Engineering is looking for a talented engineer to join our team. The engineer will focus on many of our highest priority projects, continuous integration and continuous delivery, major platform redesigns and our cloud strategy. The intent of this role is to contribute as a software developer on new platforms while growing and learning engineering/architectural skills and principles from senior most architects and management.
* Contribute as a software engineering to development projects
* Facilitate along with development teams to determine requirements around automation tools, configuration management, and deployment methodologies
* Analyze current systems and provide insight into how they may be further optimized
* Bring energy and passion to your work day in and day out
* Be strategic and tactical
* Collaborate with other Architects and Engineers on the design and development of highly reliable, and performant software systems.
* Be a technical lead by writing software the conforms to industry best practices, current state of the art, is maintainable, secure, and aligns with over Digital architectural direction.
What does it take to do this job?
* Bachelor’s degree in Engineering discipline or related degree, or equivalent work experience
* Experience writing code in a professional environment
* Understanding how existing systems work and redesigning them to solve for the business requirements in the most elegant and modern way
* Learner’s mindset
* Must be a self starter, but can also work well on team and collaborate with others
* Proficient in Java
* AWS experience
* Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery/Deployment
* Understanding of common security protocols, authentication and authorization mechanisms.
* Working knowledge of linux containers and and the linux container ecosystem.
* Working knowledge of big data tools such as Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, HBase, etc.
Nielsen N.V. (NYSE: NLSN) is a global performance management company that provides a comprehensive understanding of what consumers Watch and Buy. Nielsen’s Watch segment provides media and advertising clients with Total Audience measurement services across all devices where content – video, audio, and text – is consumed. The Buy segment offers consumer packaged goods manufacturers and retailers the industry’s only global view of retail performance measurement.
By integrating information from its Watch and Buy segments and other data sources, Nielsen provides its clients with both world-class measurement as well as analytics that help improve performance. Nielsen, an S&P 500 company, has operations in over 100 countries that cover more than 90 percent of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.nielsen.com
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Primary Location: Tampa , Florida
Seconday Locations:, , ,
Nearest Major Market: Tampa
See full details and apply at https://ars2.equest.com/?response_id=721c37fa693f58ecaf676eeb45f3612b