Title: Software Developer (UI Path preferred) – 509473000
Software Developer (UI Path preferred)-25534
Technology and Engineering-USAColumbia, Maryland
Nielsen’s mission is to help marketers and media companies measure and improve advertising performance by accurately reporting on what consumers watch, see, or hear (whether on television, the web, in print, or on the radio).
As part of the Nielsen Audio Technical Delivery team, you will be responsible for transforming our current technologies utilizing the latest technologies and DevOps framework, while continuing to delivery high quality products to our internal clients.
As a Software Developer, you will be expected to bring new and fresh ideas to the company and its solutions. The ideal candidate will collaborate with other developers, leaders and Operational staff in creating solutions that automate Nielsen’s business process and achieve high quality solutions. Candidate must be able to work closely with Operations, project managers, architects, other developers, DBA’s and the business stakeholders to develop the solutions and have flexibility to work with others across multiple time zones. This requires a self-managed strongly technical candidate that can take special projects from inception to completion.
* Responsible for analyzing, developing, testing and supporting highly complex business process automation software:
+ Perform business process mapping to facilitate development of automation requirements.
+ Develop automations which are maintainable, and easy to use.
o Ability to develop automations on complex technical business rules
o Ability to use Robotic Process Automation (RPA) software to turn repetitive user tasks into automation solutions.
o Ability to transition manual processes into automated
o Ability to create working prototypes
+ Develop and execute automation plans, analyze test results, and make appropriate revisions to ensure the automation as specified.
+ Ability to manage multiple highly visible projects concurrently, working with technical project/program managers and cross functional teams.
+ Provide support to internal users and support staff
+ Work as part of an Agile / DevOps /Kanban environment
+ Ability to learn vendor proprietary systems and tools to assist with updates to existing systems and transformation into newer technologies
* Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related discipline, 2 plus minimum years of experience in hands on software development and automation
* Experience developing applications using Java, C++/C# or .Net (2+ years) and working knowledge of relational databases
* Experience developing automations using an RPA Toolset
* Use of analytical and problem-solving skills to solve complex design and coding problems.
* Strong development and automation skills
* Ability to build good relationships with peers, business partners and clients
* Experience in working on Agile software development teams
+ Scrum/Kanban methodologies
* Experience in software development tools for version control and continuous integration using tools such as BitBucket/Git, Jenkins and other Continuous Integration tools
* Experience in Atlassian toolsets
* Certified in and experience building automations with UiPath
Nielsen N.V. (NYSE: NLSN) is a global performance management company that provides a comprehensive understanding of what consumers Watch and Buy. Nielsen’s Watch segment provides media and advertising clients with Total Audience measurement services across all devices where content – video, audio, and text – is consumed. The Buy segment offers consumer packaged goods manufacturers and retailers the industry’s only global view of retail performance measurement.
By integrating information from its Watch and Buy segments and other data sources, Nielsen provides its clients with both world-class measurement as well as analytics that help improve performance. Nielsen, an S&P 500 company, has operations in over 100 countries that cover more than 90 percent of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.nielsen.com
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Primary Location: Columbia , Maryland
Secondary Locations:, , ,
Nearest Major Market: Baltimore
See full details and apply at https://ars2.equest.com/?response_id=877c95745921d3836490093423efc322