Title: Software Developer (Java & SQL 1-2 Years Experience) – 502360300
Software Developer (Java & SQL 1-2 Years Experience)-26283
Technology and Engineering-USAOldsmar, Florida
Referral Bonus Amount – $2,000.00
Nielsen’s mission is to help marketers and media companies measure and improve advertising performance by accurately reporting on what consumers watch, see, or hear (whether on television, the web, in print, or on the radio).
As a Software Developer, you will be expected to bring new and fresh ideas to the company and its solutions. The ideal candidate will collaborate with other developers, architects, and analysts in creating solutions that meet Nielsen’s business requirements. Candidate must be able to work closely with product managers, project managers, architects, other developers, DBA’s and the business stakeholders to develop the solutions and have flexibility to work across multiple time zones.The candidate will work on teams to migrate/refactor complex on-prem applications to AWS in addition to “cloud-first” application development. The candidate will also contribute to design and development of the DevOps strategy for software development. This requires a self-managed strongly technical candidate that can take special projects from inception to completion.
This position is responsible for analyzing, developing, testing, and supporting highly complex application software. These software applications must be developed and maintained with high-quality standards and minimal defects.
* Designs, analyzes, and documents software applications
* Develops, tests, installs, and maintains software applications
* Provides support to internal users and support staff
* Work as part of an agile development team
* Perform other duties as assigned
* Bachelor of science degree in computer science or similar
* 2 to 4 years of hands-on software development experience in Java/JEE Tech stack
* Familiarity with Java frameworks like Spring & Hibernate
* Familiarity with working on Windows & Unix operating systems
* Experience developing data-driven applications using an industry standard RDBMS (Oracle, PostgreSQL, etc) and/or noSQL database including SQL development skills
* Experience with AWS services, serverless and microservices architecture
* Understanding and working knowledge of SOA, RESTful/SOAP web services and APIs
* Knowledge of the Atlassian toolsets
* Experience with CI/CD tools (JIRA/BitBucket/Jenkins stack)
* Strong leadership skills with the ability to develop, train, inspire, and motivate team to accomplish objectives
* Ability to build good relationships with peers, business partners, and clients
* Strong ability to translate requirements into design and code based on the requirements.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Nielsen N.V. (NYSE: NLSN) is a global performance management company that provides a comprehensive understanding of what consumers Watch and Buy. Nielsen’s Watch segment provides media and advertising clients with Total Audience measurement services across all devices where content – video, audio, and text – is consumed. The Buy segment offers consumer packaged goods manufacturers and retailers the industry’s only global view of retail performance measurement.
By integrating information from its Watch and Buy segments and other data sources, Nielsen provides its clients with both world-class measurement as well as analytics that help improve performance. Nielsen, an S&P 500 company, has operations in over 100 countries that cover more than 90 percent of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.nielsen.com
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Primary Location: Oldsmar , Florida
Secondary Locations:, , ,
Nearest Major Market: Tampa
See full details and apply at https://ars2.equest.com/?response_id=6c5d56bf438907335f395e003a2cf21c