Title: Senior Software Developer (Java & SQL) – 502649400
Senior Software Developer (Java & SQL)-26300
Technology and Engineering-USAOldsmar, Florida
Referral Bonus Amount – $2,000.00
* As a Senior Software Developer, you will be a key contributor of a Scrum team focusing on Big Data development tasks.
* Your primary objective is to ensure project goals are achieved and are aligned with business objectives. You will also work closely with your Scrum team, program team and portfolio team to prioritize, develop, refine and implement quality software in production via standard Agile methodologies.
* Designs, analyzes, and documents software applications across multiple project teams and applications:
+ Investigates and analyzes verbal and written requests for application software, interpreting application requirements to construct highly complex applications.
+ Writes technical documentation for routines and applications, facilitating their maintenance.
* Constructs, tests, installs, and maintains software applications:
+ Develops highly complex software code, which is maintainable, easy to use, and satisfies application requirements.
+ Develops and executes application test plans, analyze test results, and makes appropriate revisions to ensure the applications function as specified.
+ Contributes to the planning for acceptance testing and implementation of new software, performing supporting activities to ensure that customers have the information and assistance they need for a successful implementation.
* Provides leadership and participates with project teams:
+ Provides input to the work project plan, performs technical review of applications and peers’ work and develops proposals for improvements.
* Provides support to internal users and support staff:
+ Investigates application incidents for missing or incorrect functionality.
+ Assesses incident resolution and estimates application changes.
+ Applies resolutions, leading to timely, and error free revisions in applications.
* Researches, assesses and facilitates the adoption of new technologies
* Performs configuration management tasks:
+ Ensures application software components are archived in common repositories according to IT standards with appropriate documentation that reflects the progression from development to implementation.
* Adopt to Agile scrum team and enforce process that ensure software is delivered with high quality
* Remove the impediments for the scrum team on timely manner
* Need to work with Scrum team located globally.
* Enforce agile process are adhered like Sprint Planning, Backlog Grooming, Review, Retrospective, Daily stand up etc.
Role Requirements (R=required, E=essential, P=preferred)
* Bachelor of science degree in computer science or similar
* 6+ years of software development/engineering experience
* 5+ years of experience in Java, Scala, SQL, Big Data, Hadoop.
* Knowledge of Apache Spark.
* Knowledge of software design and testing principles
* Knowledge of Agile software development methodology
* Knowledge of multiple software development languages and proficiency in all related languages
* Knowledge of relevant operating systems and communication interfaces
* Knowledge of database management systems
* Experience working with onshore and offshore vendor partners
* Knowledge of Cloud technologies preferably AWS.
* Superior influencing, presentation and communication skills
* Knowledge about the Git and SVN.
* Machine Learning exposure
Nielsen N.V. (NYSE: NLSN) is a global performance management company that provides a comprehensive understanding of what consumers Watch and Buy. Nielsen’s Watch segment provides media and advertising clients with Total Audience measurement services across all devices where content – video, audio, and text – is consumed. The Buy segment offers consumer packaged goods manufacturers and retailers the industry’s only global view of retail performance measurement.
By integrating information from its Watch and Buy segments and other data sources, Nielsen provides its clients with both world-class measurement as well as analytics that help improve performance. Nielsen, an S&P 500 company, has operations in over 100 countries that cover more than 90 percent of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.nielsen.com
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Primary Location: Oldsmar , Florida
Secondary Locations:, , ,
Nearest Major Market: Tampa
See full details and apply at https://ars2.equest.com/?response_id=1748f8ca7ab09fe334f1d370de82f35f