Technology and Engineering-USATampa, Florida
The Server to Server team is chartered with building world-class tools for our server to server clients for cutting-edge digital products. Nielsen Engineering is looking for a passionate technologist with experience that is dedicated to quality, creativity and clean design with an eye towards the future vision. Cloud Architecture and the fast pace of digital make this position exciting and a great opportunity to dive deeper in technologies while building a quality, robust application. This position will be reporting to the Server to Server Delivery Lead. The successful candidate will be required to design, develop and maintain key components while providing coaching, expertise and knowledge transition to others. The candidate should be highly motivated, talented and digital-savvy.
As a Principal Software Engineer, the candidate will be hands-on, and will be expected to bring new and fresh ideas to support, improve, enhance and optimize the Server to Server solution in terms of both system and logic. Deep understanding of design patterns and processing logic, experience with big data and cloud architectures, as well as competency to work on complex projects are a must for this position.
Experienced technical person with minimum 8 years’ experience on architecture frameworks, design and development of solutions, systems, and software including proven experience in coaching and guiding teams of developers.
Job Responsibilities include:
* Design and developing architecture and programmatic solutions for digital big data, back-end processing engines.
* Assist in the planning and specification authoring for technical user story development.
* Provide technical guidance to the team and coordinate technical activities.
* Develop software that meets user story acceptance criteria.
* Monitor performance, advising any necessary adjustments.
* Build scalable, reliable, cost effective, and high quality solutions.
* Provide technical thought leadership and guidance to a team of developers from inception through deployment.
* Implement best practices.
* Deliver cost efficiencies.
* Support and promote product innovation and recommendations to employ leading-edge technology on behalf of corporate needs.
Bachelor of Science degree in computer science, computer engineering or similar degrees or relevant experience.
6+ years of software development/engineering experience in large-scale, highly distributed systems.
* Expert Level in AWS Cloud Based Development, serverless architecture
* Expert Level in Big Data Processing
* Author and maintain extendible JS Libraries
* Understanding of both Module Pattern and Prototypes
* Solid knowledge in advanced OO principles, data structures, fundamental algorithms (sort, select, search, queue).
* Experience developing RESTful APIs for web services
* Experience (minimum 3 years) with web interfaces and basic networking standards and practices of data traffic and communications such as HTML (HTML 5 preferred), XML, IP, HTTP(S), and proxy systems.
* Experience in utilizing noSQL data stores (e.g. Redis, Dynamo, Cassandra)
* Experience in message queues (e.g. RabbitMQ, Kafka, etc.)
* Extensive and practical experience and knowledge specifically on software development technologies, principles, methodologies, tools, practices, industry standards and trends
* Demonstrated experience with building and maintaining large-scale, complex application systems
* Demonstrated leadership skills: proven ability to direct, mentor and provide technical leadership to a team of developers, deliver entire end-to-end solutions using a process-oriented focus and able to make independent, sound decisions
* Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills, team player
* Dedication to excellence in delivery and commitment to quality
* Experience in Agile software development methodology, specifically Scrum and User Stories
* Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
* Experience in Git, BitBucket, Jenkins.
* Experience with Agile and Atlassian (ADLM) tool suite
* Experience in Java
* Experience in Scala, Python, perl, sql, shell, unix environment
* Experience with Networking and IO, REST service development, and multi-threading.
* Knowledge of Spark, SparSQL, Spark Streaming, Kinesis
* XSS, CORS, JSONP, and AJAX
* Experience with Video Encoding & Compression (inc HLS, ID3, MPEG, PCM, HTML5)
* Experience with Video Content Distribution (inc HTTP, CDN’s)
* Experience with SQL (relational DB understanding)
* Experience in Digital Measurement
Nielsen N.V. (NYSE: NLSN) is a global performance management company that provides a comprehensive understanding of what consumers Watch and Buy. Nielsen’s Watch segment provides media and advertising clients with Total Audience measurement services across all devices where content – video, audio, and text – is consumed. The Buy segment offers consumer packaged goods manufacturers and retailers the industry’s only global view of retail performance measurement.
By integrating information from its Watch and Buy segments and other data sources, Nielsen provides its clients with both world-class measurement as well as analytics that help improve performance. Nielsen, an S&P 500 company, has operations in over 100 countries that cover more than 90 percent of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.nielsen.com
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Primary Location: Tampa , Florida
Secondary Locations:, , ,
Nearest Major Market: Tampa
See full details and apply at https://ars2.equest.com/?response_id=05df17914a51cd7f8e03a75f85f4ee12