Title: Architect (AWS and Big Data) – 446568300
Architect (AWS and Big Data)-854
Technology and Engineering-USATampa, Florida
You know us as the people who figure out who watches the Super Bowl, but we at Nielsen actually do so much more! From tracking who buys what at what price, to investigating internet and mobile viewing and reading activity, Nielsen pulls in billions of data records daily for our customers. Our Digital Engineering (Mobile and Web data collection) is currently on the hunt for a senior level architect to help in creating Cloud and Big Data focused systems. As an Architect in the Nielsen Digital Engineering team, you will be hands on with the details of our digital technology from real-time high scale data collection to backend big data and cloud processing. You will work across the group acting as a technical consultant and also work outside the team with other development teams to represent the Digital Engineering team and evangelize the movement to AWS. The position requires a high degree of expertise in current web and big data technologies and competency to work on the most
* Work closely with other Engineering teams to develop simple but effective solutions to business needs.
* Working across the teams in the Digital Engineering team to insure drive improvements in technology and architecture and to help them in deliver on business commitments.
* Evaluate software components from different vendors and recommend components suitable and sustainable to the business needs.
* Lead and consult on internal group efforts to move to AWS.
* Design and hands-on implementation of AWS instances.
* Document both technical details of our projects and our high level architecture.
* Promote broader awareness of our systems and technology to the broader Nielsen technology teams.
* Learn about technology and architecture of other teams and help share that knowledge within the Digital Engineering team.
* Coach and mentor other team members in architecture, systems engineering, and business knowledge.
* Help the team to mature in it’s Agile development methodology.
* Assist in the hiring process to insure we bring top talent into the team.
* Review software code and make recommendations to ensure good quality software deliverables.
* Must have broad technological experience (10 years+)
* Must have experience in big data technology including Hadoop.
* Must have experience with AWS and other related technologies
* Past experience with AWS chain implementation.
* Must have experience in Internet technology
* Must have experience with working with offshore teams.
* Must have systems engineering experience and be knowledgeable about systems and network infrastructure.
* Must be good at working cross organizationally to drive solutions. Must also be good at working with our technology organization to deliver on projects commitments and to help drive the maturity of our systems and technology.
* Must have experience working with Agile teams.
* Experience as a consultant would be a strong plus.
Nielsen N.V. (NYSE: NLSN) is a global performance management company that provides a comprehensive understanding of what consumers Watch and Buy. Nielsen’s Watch segment provides media and advertising clients with Total Audience measurement services across all devices where content – video, audio, and text – is consumed. The Buy segment offers consumer packaged goods manufacturers and retailers the industry’s only global view of retail performance measurement.
By integrating information from its Watch and Buy segments and other data sources, Nielsen provides its clients with both world-class measurement as well as analytics that help improve performance. Nielsen, an S&P 500 company, has operations in over 100 countries that cover more than 90 percent of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.nielsen.com
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Primary Location: Tampa , Florida
Seconday Locations:, , ,
Nearest Major Market: Tampa
See full details and apply at https://ars2.equest.com/?response_id=01f2e47b109e1feeebc374ec29b3a6ef