Title: Applications Developer
Company: Schellman & Co., LLC.
For the past 17 years, Schellman has consistently changed the landscape of compliance. We perform only IT services for our clients, including auditing and cybersecurity assessments. We move quickly, remain at the forefront of the industry and more closely align with a tech firm than a CPA firm.
As we were just named one of the fastest growing firms for the second year in a row, we are adding a highly talented Senior Applications Developer to our team. The Senior Applications Developer is part of a collaborative, innovative group of technology professionals that drive the design and evolution of state-of-the-art internal and external applications which make the business faster and more effective. This high-impact role reports to our CIO and is located on-site, within our Corporate Headquarters in the Westshore Business District.
Our ideal candidate is one that can handle rapid application development and that is flexible to course corrections throughout projects based on management’s directives. The environment uses iterative development as well as pair programming and continuous integration is the norm.
The candidate should have 4-6 years of experience with the topics in the MUST HAVE section. Candidate should feel comfortable with research and investigation of innovative ways to solve technical challenges, as well demonstrated ability to debug technical issues in the different layers of the web stack (from browser to server).
Day to day duties:
- Write Java code using the Spring Framework to support Schellman applications.
- Collaborate in application architecture and design sessions.
- Write unit testing code to provide automated code coverage.
- Debug existing application code based on issues reported.
- Create or modify RDBS tables, triggers, stored procedures and views according to architectural specifications.
- Write documentation for new and existing Java language code bases.
- Maintain and update documentation for API endpoints.
- Review applications logs in order to provide fixes or improvements to existing applications.
- Review application security scanning reports to determine applicable actions and tasks that modify existing code or create new application functionalities.
- Collaborate with other team members in research and development of new products and technology solutions.
- Deep understanding of how the Internet works, including:
- HTTP protocol, DNS, SSL, Web servers, load balancing
- Java Spring Framework experience:
- Java 8 (date classes, lambda functions, streams)
- Spring Boot (Security, Data, JPA)
- Rest APIs
- Hibernate Class Mappings and Annotations
- JPQL and Native Queries
- Batch Processing
- Relational Database experience
- MySQL 8 (tables, relationships, triggers, events, stored procedures, views)
- Analyzing of query performance
- Large datasets queries
- Cloud Deployments (especially AWS EC2, S3, Route 53)
- JWT (JSON Web Tokens) authentication framework.
- API Documentation
These will make you a top candidate:
- Experience with AIM (Authorization and Identity Management)
- API Management
- Business Intelligence Experience (ELK Stack, Tableau, etc.)
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- Contributions to Open Source Projects
Schellman might not be as well-known, but we are definitely well-liked. We’ve been recognized in the industry as one of the top Best Small Firms to Work for by Consulting Magazine and Top 10 for Comp and Benefits on Glassdoor, but more importantly, our employees have great things to say about working here: https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Schellman-and-Company-Reviews-E666239.htm
If you’re interested in being an integral part of growth within an established, successful firm, we’d love to hear from you!
This position is located in Tampa, FL. At this time we are unable to consider candidates that are remote-based, need sponsorship, or are located outside of the United States.
Schellman & Company, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.